Maha bus explosion case: Cops rule out terror angle
Latur (Maha): Though the cause of Friday`s explosion inside a state transport bus at Nalegav village in Latur district was yet to be ascertained, preliminary investigations have ruled out any terror angle, said Maharashtra ATS.
"The probe conducted so far indicated no terror angle into the incident at Latur," a senior ATS official said here.
At least 19 were injured, four of them seriously, in the explosion inside a bus at Nalegav village at Chakur taluka in Latur district last evening.
Police suspect the explosion might have occurred due to the overheating of engine.
Teams of Maharashtra ATS and forensic experts from Pune rushed to the spot and collected the samples. There are no signs of RDX presence, the officer added.
"Pune Forensic Laboratory will soon give a report explaining the cause of the explosion," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video