Maha bus explosion case: Cops rule out terror angle
Latur (Maha): Though the cause of Friday`s explosion inside a state transport bus at Nalegav village in Latur district was yet to be ascertained, preliminary investigations have ruled out any terror angle, said Maharashtra ATS.
"The probe conducted so far indicated no terror angle into the incident at Latur," a senior ATS official said here.
At least 19 were injured, four of them seriously, in the explosion inside a bus at Nalegav village at Chakur taluka in Latur district last evening.
Police suspect the explosion might have occurred due to the overheating of engine.
Teams of Maharashtra ATS and forensic experts from Pune rushed to the spot and collected the samples. There are no signs of RDX presence, the officer added.
"Pune Forensic Laboratory will soon give a report explaining the cause of the explosion," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown