Maha cabinet condoles passing away of Deshmukh, Kunte
Mumbai: Maharashtra Cabinet on Thursday condoled deaths of union minister Vilasrao Deshmukh and veteran Congress leader Prabhakar Kunte.
Deshmukh, a two time chief minister of the state, passed away on August 14 in a Chennai hospital due to a serious liver ailment while Kunte died here yesterday of old age.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan read out the resolution of condoling the passing away of the two Congress stalwarts and the Cabinet observed a two minute silence as a mark of respect for departed leaders.
Observing that Deshmukh`s contribution to the progress and development of the state was immense, Chavan said, "he was a popular leader with tremendous mass connect. Deshmukh`s oratory skills were legendary. He understood the state and its problems well".
Chavan remembered Kunte as a "staunch nationalist".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America