Maha celebrates birth anniv of Chhatrapati Shivaji
Mumbai: The birth anniversary of Maratha warrior king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, is being celebrated across Maharashtra on Sunday.
Various cultural programmes, based on the life of
Shivaji Maharaj, have been organised in urban as well as rural
parts of the state.
Maharashtra Governor K Sankarnarayan offered floral
tributes to Chhatrapati Shivaji at the Shivaji Park at Dadar
in central Mumbai.
The programme had been organised by the Brihanmumbai
Municipal Corporation and the Shri Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj
Mumbai Mayor, Shraddha Jadhav, Municipal Commissioner,
Subodh Kumar and Vice-President of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj
Commemoration Committee Kisanrao Jadhav were present on the
Meanwhile, in Nashik, Neelima Pawar, general secretary
of Maratha Vidya Prasarak Samaj garlanded the statue of
Shivaji Maharaj, NCP MP Sameer Bhujbal, senior Congress leader
Vinayak Patil attended the function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!