Maha celebrates birth anniv of Chhatrapati Shivaji
Mumbai: The birth anniversary of Maratha warrior king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, is being celebrated across Maharashtra on Sunday.
Various cultural programmes, based on the life of
Shivaji Maharaj, have been organised in urban as well as rural
parts of the state.
Maharashtra Governor K Sankarnarayan offered floral
tributes to Chhatrapati Shivaji at the Shivaji Park at Dadar
in central Mumbai.
The programme had been organised by the Brihanmumbai
Municipal Corporation and the Shri Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj
Mumbai Mayor, Shraddha Jadhav, Municipal Commissioner,
Subodh Kumar and Vice-President of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj
Commemoration Committee Kisanrao Jadhav were present on the
Meanwhile, in Nashik, Neelima Pawar, general secretary
of Maratha Vidya Prasarak Samaj garlanded the statue of
Shivaji Maharaj, NCP MP Sameer Bhujbal, senior Congress leader
Vinayak Patil attended the function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview