Maha, C’garh launch Op against Naxals
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government has launched a massive manhunt for Naxals along the state’s border with Chattisgarh.
On Thursday, Naxals killed between 17 and 20 policemen in Maharashtra’s Gadchiroli district, which shares borders with Chattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh.
According to sources, the Chhattisgarh and Maharashtra Police are conducting a joint combing operation even as the encounter with Maoists continues.
Over 4000 personnel have been pressed into the operation, the sources added.
According to intelligence reports, several Maoists cadres have crossed over to Maharashtra from Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh with the intention of disrupting the assembly elections in the state.
The election is scheduled for October 13.
The State Government is reportedly concerned about the families of the policemen, killed and is working on a compensation package for them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview