Maha: CIDCO Muslim Trust protest outside NMC; demand new burial plot
Nashik: Tension prevailed at the Nashik
Municipal Corporation (NMC) office at Sharanpur road here
on Thursday when CIDCO Muslim Trust members brought a dead body in
the premises demanding allotment of a plot for burial purposes
in the Cidco locality, police said.
This is the second incident of this kind in a month as the
the Trust has been for long, demanding a new plot especially
in the unfunctional Pelican Park, for burial purposes, since
the capacity of the old burial ground is over.
However, the NMC has not alloted any plot so far.
Enraged, the body of a Muslim NMC employee who passed away
today was brought to the office premises for burial. The Trust
members have refused to take back the body till the civic body
authorities announced a plot for the burial ground, CIDCO
Muslim Trust told reporters outside NMC here.
The Trust members had earlier brought a woman`s body to
the NMC office premises but had withdrawn their stir after
assurances by NMC Commissioner BD Sanap.
However, Sanap has now been transferred and Nashik
Collector P Velrasu is in-charge of NMC.
He assured that as soon as the new Commissioner takes
over a decision would be taken on the matter soon following
which the body was taken away, police said.
Meanwhile, security has beefed up around NMC to prevent
any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!