Maha: CIDCO Muslim Trust protest outside NMC; demand new burial plot
Nashik: Tension prevailed at the Nashik
Municipal Corporation (NMC) office at Sharanpur road here
on Thursday when CIDCO Muslim Trust members brought a dead body in
the premises demanding allotment of a plot for burial purposes
in the Cidco locality, police said.
This is the second incident of this kind in a month as the
the Trust has been for long, demanding a new plot especially
in the unfunctional Pelican Park, for burial purposes, since
the capacity of the old burial ground is over.
However, the NMC has not alloted any plot so far.
Enraged, the body of a Muslim NMC employee who passed away
today was brought to the office premises for burial. The Trust
members have refused to take back the body till the civic body
authorities announced a plot for the burial ground, CIDCO
Muslim Trust told reporters outside NMC here.
The Trust members had earlier brought a woman`s body to
the NMC office premises but had withdrawn their stir after
assurances by NMC Commissioner BD Sanap.
However, Sanap has now been transferred and Nashik
Collector P Velrasu is in-charge of NMC.
He assured that as soon as the new Commissioner takes
over a decision would be taken on the matter soon following
which the body was taken away, police said.
Meanwhile, security has beefed up around NMC to prevent
any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee wants West Bengal to be called ‘Bangla’: Report
- What a journey! Watch video that introduced US President Barack Obama at Democratic National Convention
- No newspapers, television for Arvind Kejriwal for 12 days in August - Know why
- Flood wrecks havoc in Bihar, Assam; more than 40 dead, lakhs affected
- Houthi rebels form Supreme Council to govern Yemen