Maha: CIDCO Muslim Trust protest outside NMC; demand new burial plot
Nashik: Tension prevailed at the Nashik
Municipal Corporation (NMC) office at Sharanpur road here
on Thursday when CIDCO Muslim Trust members brought a dead body in
the premises demanding allotment of a plot for burial purposes
in the Cidco locality, police said.
This is the second incident of this kind in a month as the
the Trust has been for long, demanding a new plot especially
in the unfunctional Pelican Park, for burial purposes, since
the capacity of the old burial ground is over.
However, the NMC has not alloted any plot so far.
Enraged, the body of a Muslim NMC employee who passed away
today was brought to the office premises for burial. The Trust
members have refused to take back the body till the civic body
authorities announced a plot for the burial ground, CIDCO
Muslim Trust told reporters outside NMC here.
The Trust members had earlier brought a woman`s body to
the NMC office premises but had withdrawn their stir after
assurances by NMC Commissioner BD Sanap.
However, Sanap has now been transferred and Nashik
Collector P Velrasu is in-charge of NMC.
He assured that as soon as the new Commissioner takes
over a decision would be taken on the matter soon following
which the body was taken away, police said.
Meanwhile, security has beefed up around NMC to prevent
any untoward incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata