Maha CM assures protection to students from North East
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan today assured protection to students from North East, living in Pune and other parts of the state.
"The students would be given adequate protection. I have spoken to the state DGP in this regard," Chavan told reporters after a condolence meeting held for late union minister Vilasrao Deshmukh at Tilak Bhawan in Central Mumbai this evening.
He was responding to a query on the recent attack on northeast students in Pune and reports about some of them fleeing to their home states.
"I have asked the state police chief to take adequate security measures. In educational institutions, where number of such students is large, the nearest police station should be immediately informed in case of any untoward incident," Chavan said.
On online circulation of morphed pictures and videos purportedly on violence in Assam and Myanmar, Chavan said he had spoken to the Centre in this regard.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata