Maha CM assures relief to Mumbai`s night-life lovers
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Thursday sought to allay the ruffled nerves of Mumbai`s nightlife-lovers, currently reeling under the raids by Assistant Commissioner of Police Vasant Dhoble and his team.
Chavan, who was addressing a convention of tour operators here this evening, did not name the police officer who has hit the headlines of late, but said that issues related to the nightlife in the `Maximum City` would be sorted out.
Dhoble has drawn flak from the media after Social Service Branch of police, led by him, started a drive against pubs and bars which flout norms. In most cases, the violations related to keeping the hotels/bars open after the prescribed time.
"There are certain issues on law and order which of course are there. But opening of the bars and opening of the restaurants (till) late night, issues around that in Mumbai, we are trying to sort all that out," Chavan said.
"People will get an experience that they`ve come to a foreign city," he said.
He also said that permissions-related hassles were being ended. "Whenever there is a performance in a hotel, there are permissions required to be taken, they had to be taken on a daily basis....There were a lot of hassles. We have sorted that out and it will not be as cumbersome."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'