Maha CM assures relief to Mumbai`s night-life lovers
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Thursday sought to allay the ruffled nerves of Mumbai`s nightlife-lovers, currently reeling under the raids by Assistant Commissioner of Police Vasant Dhoble and his team.
Chavan, who was addressing a convention of tour operators here this evening, did not name the police officer who has hit the headlines of late, but said that issues related to the nightlife in the `Maximum City` would be sorted out.
Dhoble has drawn flak from the media after Social Service Branch of police, led by him, started a drive against pubs and bars which flout norms. In most cases, the violations related to keeping the hotels/bars open after the prescribed time.
"There are certain issues on law and order which of course are there. But opening of the bars and opening of the restaurants (till) late night, issues around that in Mumbai, we are trying to sort all that out," Chavan said.
"People will get an experience that they`ve come to a foreign city," he said.
He also said that permissions-related hassles were being ended. "Whenever there is a performance in a hotel, there are permissions required to be taken, they had to be taken on a daily basis....There were a lot of hassles. We have sorted that out and it will not be as cumbersome."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’