Maha CM meets families of 2 Mantralaya fire victims
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Sunday met the grieving family members of two state government employees, who were killed in the devastating fire at Mantralaya on Thursday, to offer his condolences.
Secretariat employee Mohan More and a retired state government employee Tukaram More were two of the five persons who were killed in the blaze.
Chavan first visited Mohan More`s residence in suburban Mira Road and expressed grief over his demise. He then went to meet the bereaved family members of Tukaram More at his residence in Virar in Thane.
"The chief minister assured all kinds of assistance to the families of the two victims," Avinash Jaghuste, a close acquaintance of Mohan More, told PTI.
Chavan was accompanied by Minister of State Rajendra Gavit, Congress leader Muzaffar Hussain and corporator Prakash Darekar.
Tukaram More was visiting the secretariat for some official purpose while Mohan More was on duty as a staffer at the Chief Minister`s Office when the massive fire broke out.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know