Maha CM meets families of 2 Mantralaya fire victims
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Sunday met the grieving family members of two state government employees, who were killed in the devastating fire at Mantralaya on Thursday, to offer his condolences.
Secretariat employee Mohan More and a retired state government employee Tukaram More were two of the five persons who were killed in the blaze.
Chavan first visited Mohan More`s residence in suburban Mira Road and expressed grief over his demise. He then went to meet the bereaved family members of Tukaram More at his residence in Virar in Thane.
"The chief minister assured all kinds of assistance to the families of the two victims," Avinash Jaghuste, a close acquaintance of Mohan More, told PTI.
Chavan was accompanied by Minister of State Rajendra Gavit, Congress leader Muzaffar Hussain and corporator Prakash Darekar.
Tukaram More was visiting the secretariat for some official purpose while Mohan More was on duty as a staffer at the Chief Minister`s Office when the massive fire broke out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list