Maha CM meets families of Mantralaya fire victims
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Sunday met the grieving family members of two state government employees, who were killed in the devastating fire at Mantralaya on Thursday, to offer his condolences.
Secretariat employee Mohan More and a retired state government employee Tukaram More were two of the five persons who were killed in the blaze.
Chavan first visited Mohan More`s residence in suburban Mira Road and expressed grief over his demise. He then went to meet the bereaved family members of Tukaram More at his residence in Virar in Thane.
"The chief minisiter assured all kinds of assistance to the families of the two victims," Avinash Jaghuste, a close acquaintance of Mohan More told PTI.
Chavan was accompanied by Minister of State Rajendra Gavit, Congress leader Muzaffar Hussain and corporator Prakash Darekar.
Tukaram More had visited the secretariat for some official purpose, when the massive fire engulfed the top four floors of the building.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan