Maha CM meets families of Mantralaya fire victims
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Sunday met the grieving family members of two state government employees, who were killed in the devastating fire at Mantralaya on Thursday, to offer his condolences.
Secretariat employee Mohan More and a retired state government employee Tukaram More were two of the five persons who were killed in the blaze.
Chavan first visited Mohan More`s residence in suburban Mira Road and expressed grief over his demise. He then went to meet the bereaved family members of Tukaram More at his residence in Virar in Thane.
"The chief minisiter assured all kinds of assistance to the families of the two victims," Avinash Jaghuste, a close acquaintance of Mohan More told PTI.
Chavan was accompanied by Minister of State Rajendra Gavit, Congress leader Muzaffar Hussain and corporator Prakash Darekar.
Tukaram More had visited the secretariat for some official purpose, when the massive fire engulfed the top four floors of the building.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH