Maha CM meets families of Mantralaya fire victims
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Sunday met the grieving family members of two state government employees, who were killed in the devastating fire at Mantralaya on Thursday, to offer his condolences.
Secretariat employee Mohan More and a retired state government employee Tukaram More were two of the five persons who were killed in the blaze.
Chavan first visited Mohan More`s residence in suburban Mira Road and expressed grief over his demise. He then went to meet the bereaved family members of Tukaram More at his residence in Virar in Thane.
"The chief minisiter assured all kinds of assistance to the families of the two victims," Avinash Jaghuste, a close acquaintance of Mohan More told PTI.
Chavan was accompanied by Minister of State Rajendra Gavit, Congress leader Muzaffar Hussain and corporator Prakash Darekar.
Tukaram More had visited the secretariat for some official purpose, when the massive fire engulfed the top four floors of the building.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch