Maha CM pays tributes to Babasaheb Ambedkar on his birth anniversary
Nagpur: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithiviraj Chavan on Sunday paid tributes to Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar on the occasion of his 122nd birth anniversary.
Chavan, who presided over a function to unveil a life size statue of Dr Ambedkar with Union Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh at the airport here, later paid tributes at Deekshabhoomi, where the dalit leader had embraced Buddhism in 1956.
A large number of organisations also paid tributes to Dr Ambedkar at Deekshabhoomi and at Samvidhan Chowk on busy Nagpur-Jabalpur road today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP