Maha CM pays tributes to Babasaheb Ambedkar on his birth anniversary
Nagpur: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithiviraj Chavan on Sunday paid tributes to Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar on the occasion of his 122nd birth anniversary.
Chavan, who presided over a function to unveil a life size statue of Dr Ambedkar with Union Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh at the airport here, later paid tributes at Deekshabhoomi, where the dalit leader had embraced Buddhism in 1956.
A large number of organisations also paid tributes to Dr Ambedkar at Deekshabhoomi and at Samvidhan Chowk on busy Nagpur-Jabalpur road today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends