Maha CM pays tributes to Babasaheb Ambedkar on his birth anniversary
Nagpur: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithiviraj Chavan on Sunday paid tributes to Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar on the occasion of his 122nd birth anniversary.
Chavan, who presided over a function to unveil a life size statue of Dr Ambedkar with Union Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh at the airport here, later paid tributes at Deekshabhoomi, where the dalit leader had embraced Buddhism in 1956.
A large number of organisations also paid tributes to Dr Ambedkar at Deekshabhoomi and at Samvidhan Chowk on busy Nagpur-Jabalpur road today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt