Maha CM pays tributes to Babasaheb Ambedkar on his birth anniversary
Nagpur: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithiviraj Chavan on Sunday paid tributes to Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar on the occasion of his 122nd birth anniversary.
Chavan, who presided over a function to unveil a life size statue of Dr Ambedkar with Union Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh at the airport here, later paid tributes at Deekshabhoomi, where the dalit leader had embraced Buddhism in 1956.
A large number of organisations also paid tributes to Dr Ambedkar at Deekshabhoomi and at Samvidhan Chowk on busy Nagpur-Jabalpur road today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- 'Banjo' motion poster: Watch the brilliant backdrop flavoured with powerful Indian beats!
- Five brilliant tips on age management!
- World's 60 million refugees need 2.78 mn surgeries a year
- PM Modi congratulates Mamata on her second innings as West Bengal CM
- Scientists discover new way to kill cancer cells