Maha CM refutes charge of `going soft` in Rane case
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok
Chavan on Friday denied any government pressure on police in the
case of alleged firing incident involving Revenue minister
Narayan Rane`s son.
"There is no political pressure from the Government in
the matter, investigations are on. An appropriate action would
be taken after the outcome of the investigations," Chavan said
while replying to allegation by Shiv Sena of "going soft" in
Earlier, Sena spokesperson Neelam Gorhe alleged that
the government is "going soft" on the issue and not arresting
Nitesh despite being charged under IPC Section 307 ( attempt
"Nitesh has not been arrested so far though he has
been booked under IPC Section 307. In fact, his brother Nilesh
is speaking to media about his innocence," Gorhe said.
She questioned whether the government is allowing him
to buy time for getting an anticipatory bail or run away to a
foreign country to evade arrest.
The Sena spokesperson also demanded resignation of
Rane whose son Nitesh allegedly fired at Chintu Sheikh, a
member of NGO Swabhiman Sangathana.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy