Maha CM refutes charge of `going soft` in Rane case
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok
Chavan on Friday denied any government pressure on police in the
case of alleged firing incident involving Revenue minister
Narayan Rane`s son.
"There is no political pressure from the Government in
the matter, investigations are on. An appropriate action would
be taken after the outcome of the investigations," Chavan said
while replying to allegation by Shiv Sena of "going soft" in
Earlier, Sena spokesperson Neelam Gorhe alleged that
the government is "going soft" on the issue and not arresting
Nitesh despite being charged under IPC Section 307 ( attempt
"Nitesh has not been arrested so far though he has
been booked under IPC Section 307. In fact, his brother Nilesh
is speaking to media about his innocence," Gorhe said.
She questioned whether the government is allowing him
to buy time for getting an anticipatory bail or run away to a
foreign country to evade arrest.
The Sena spokesperson also demanded resignation of
Rane whose son Nitesh allegedly fired at Chintu Sheikh, a
member of NGO Swabhiman Sangathana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in