Maha CM surprised over Chavan`s name in Adarsh chargesheet
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday said the CBI charge sheet in the multi-crore Adarsh Housing scam, which includes his predecessor Ashok Chavan, had surprised him.
The state government has always maintained that it had not asked for a CBI probe, as the land on which the 31-storeyed controversial building stood belonged to the Maharashtra government, Chavan told reporters here.
When asked about his predecessor Ashok Chavan`s remarks that his political rivals were trying to implicate him, the Chief Minister said he had no comments to make on this issue.
"But, I am also surprised," he said.
Earlier, referring to the CBI charge sheet against him as "unfortunate", former state Chief Minister Ashok Chavan accused his political rivals of trying to implicate him in the Adarsh Housing Scam.
On the issue of former Chief Ministers passing the buck to bureaucrats while deposing before the judicial commission, Chavan said, "Every body had the right to defend themselves."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack