Maha CM surprised over Chavan`s name in Adarsh chargesheet
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday said the CBI charge sheet in the multi-crore Adarsh Housing scam, which includes his predecessor Ashok Chavan, had surprised him.
The state government has always maintained that it had not asked for a CBI probe, as the land on which the 31-storeyed controversial building stood belonged to the Maharashtra government, Chavan told reporters here.
When asked about his predecessor Ashok Chavan`s remarks that his political rivals were trying to implicate him, the Chief Minister said he had no comments to make on this issue.
"But, I am also surprised," he said.
Earlier, referring to the CBI charge sheet against him as "unfortunate", former state Chief Minister Ashok Chavan accused his political rivals of trying to implicate him in the Adarsh Housing Scam.
On the issue of former Chief Ministers passing the buck to bureaucrats while deposing before the judicial commission, Chavan said, "Every body had the right to defend themselves."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged