Maha CM surprised over Chavan`s name in Adarsh chargesheet
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday said the CBI charge sheet in the multi-crore Adarsh Housing scam, which includes his predecessor Ashok Chavan, had surprised him.
The state government has always maintained that it had not asked for a CBI probe, as the land on which the 31-storeyed controversial building stood belonged to the Maharashtra government, Chavan told reporters here.
When asked about his predecessor Ashok Chavan`s remarks that his political rivals were trying to implicate him, the Chief Minister said he had no comments to make on this issue.
"But, I am also surprised," he said.
Earlier, referring to the CBI charge sheet against him as "unfortunate", former state Chief Minister Ashok Chavan accused his political rivals of trying to implicate him in the Adarsh Housing Scam.
On the issue of former Chief Ministers passing the buck to bureaucrats while deposing before the judicial commission, Chavan said, "Every body had the right to defend themselves."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof