Maha CM surprised over Chavan`s name in Adarsh chargesheet
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday said the CBI charge sheet in the multi-crore Adarsh Housing scam, which includes his predecessor Ashok Chavan, had surprised him.
The state government has always maintained that it had not asked for a CBI probe, as the land on which the 31-storeyed controversial building stood belonged to the Maharashtra government, Chavan told reporters here.
When asked about his predecessor Ashok Chavan`s remarks that his political rivals were trying to implicate him, the Chief Minister said he had no comments to make on this issue.
"But, I am also surprised," he said.
Earlier, referring to the CBI charge sheet against him as "unfortunate", former state Chief Minister Ashok Chavan accused his political rivals of trying to implicate him in the Adarsh Housing Scam.
On the issue of former Chief Ministers passing the buck to bureaucrats while deposing before the judicial commission, Chavan said, "Every body had the right to defend themselves."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state