Maha CM surprised over Chavan`s name in Adarsh chargesheet
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday said the CBI charge sheet in the multi-crore Adarsh Housing scam, which includes his predecessor Ashok Chavan, had surprised him.
The state government has always maintained that it had not asked for a CBI probe, as the land on which the 31-storeyed controversial building stood belonged to the Maharashtra government, Chavan told reporters here.
When asked about his predecessor Ashok Chavan`s remarks that his political rivals were trying to implicate him, the Chief Minister said he had no comments to make on this issue.
"But, I am also surprised," he said.
Earlier, referring to the CBI charge sheet against him as "unfortunate", former state Chief Minister Ashok Chavan accused his political rivals of trying to implicate him in the Adarsh Housing Scam.
On the issue of former Chief Ministers passing the buck to bureaucrats while deposing before the judicial commission, Chavan said, "Every body had the right to defend themselves."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report