Maha CM`s bodyguard roughs up reporters
Mumbai: A reporter working with a Marathi TV news channel was roughed up Wednesday by Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan`s bodyguard in Soth Mumbai.
According to the police, TV9 reporter Ramraje Shinde went to the Maharashtra Secretariat this afternoon, to get the Chief Minister`s byte on occasion of Mahatma Gandhi`s birth anniversary, when he was obstructed by one of the CM`s security guards, which led to an argument.
After a while, the CM`s security guard walked up to the reporter and roughed him up, before pushing another journalist who was also at the spot, the police said.
"As per the complaint, we registered a non-cognisable offence against the CM`s security guard, whose name we do not know. An inquiry has been initiated," Marine Drive police station official Rameshwar Suple said.
Meanwhile, the Maharashtra BJP issued a statement today, condemning attacks on journalists of TV news channels since the past two days, besides criticising the law and order situation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!