Maha CM`s wife`s stolen purse, mobile found
Nagpur: The Government Railway Police in
Nagpur has recovered the stolen purse of Satvasheela, wife of
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithiviraj Chavan, and arrested
one person in this connection.
Satvasheela Chavan was robbed of her purse and mobile
phone while travelling by train last week.
"We have recovered a purse along with debit cards and a
mobile phone from Amit Tiwari, an IT engineer from
Ahmednagar," GRP SP Yashawi Yadav told reporters here today.
The incident took place in an AC-II coach in
Kolhapur-Gondia Maharashtra Express on July 9 near Manmad,
which falls under the jurisdiction of GRP Nagpur.
Tiwari was remanded to police custody till July 22 by a
Manmad court and brought here for investigation.
According to police, Tiwari is part of a gang of
high profile criminals who commit crimes in running trains.
The accused has, however, denied the charge.
Meanwhile, Satvasheela arrived in the city today by a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre