Maha CM`s wife`s stolen purse, mobile found
Nagpur: The Government Railway Police in
Nagpur has recovered the stolen purse of Satvasheela, wife of
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithiviraj Chavan, and arrested
one person in this connection.
Satvasheela Chavan was robbed of her purse and mobile
phone while travelling by train last week.
"We have recovered a purse along with debit cards and a
mobile phone from Amit Tiwari, an IT engineer from
Ahmednagar," GRP SP Yashawi Yadav told reporters here today.
The incident took place in an AC-II coach in
Kolhapur-Gondia Maharashtra Express on July 9 near Manmad,
which falls under the jurisdiction of GRP Nagpur.
Tiwari was remanded to police custody till July 22 by a
Manmad court and brought here for investigation.
According to police, Tiwari is part of a gang of
high profile criminals who commit crimes in running trains.
The accused has, however, denied the charge.
Meanwhile, Satvasheela arrived in the city today by a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing