Maha CM`s wife`s stolen purse, mobile found
Nagpur: The Government Railway Police in
Nagpur has recovered the stolen purse of Satvasheela, wife of
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithiviraj Chavan, and arrested
one person in this connection.
Satvasheela Chavan was robbed of her purse and mobile
phone while travelling by train last week.
"We have recovered a purse along with debit cards and a
mobile phone from Amit Tiwari, an IT engineer from
Ahmednagar," GRP SP Yashawi Yadav told reporters here today.
The incident took place in an AC-II coach in
Kolhapur-Gondia Maharashtra Express on July 9 near Manmad,
which falls under the jurisdiction of GRP Nagpur.
Tiwari was remanded to police custody till July 22 by a
Manmad court and brought here for investigation.
According to police, Tiwari is part of a gang of
high profile criminals who commit crimes in running trains.
The accused has, however, denied the charge.
Meanwhile, Satvasheela arrived in the city today by a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?