Maha collected Rs 24 cr ent tax on IPL, WC matches: Sena
Mumbai: Maharashtra Government has collected
Rs 24 crore as entertainment tax on IPL and Cricket World Cup
matches till May 2, senior Shiv Sena leader Subhash Desai said
here on Monday.
"The addition of Rs 24 crore to the government kitty is a
result of the campaign by the Sena against the state
government`s dilly-dallying on the issue of collecting the
revenue on these matches," Desai, Sena leader in State
Organisers deposited Rs 6.12 crore for 3 WC matches held
at the Wankhede Stadium between February 19 and April 2, as
per information available under RTI, Desai said.
"Organisers deposited Rs 9.68 crore for 4 IPL matches
held at the Wankhede Stadium between April 8 and May 2," he
Similarly, the government received Rs 1.62 crore each for
the IPL matches held at the D Y Patil stadium in Navi Mumbai
between April 10 and 17. It also got Rs 1.52 crore each for
the two IPL matches held at the same venue on April 24 and
District collectors of Mumbai, Thane (where Navi Mumbai
is located) and Nagpur have informed that Rs 15.80 crore
(Mumbai), Rs 7.89 crore (Navi Mumbai) and Rs 37.43 lakh
(Nagpur) have been collected.
Desai said he had filed a petition in the Bombay High
Court against BCCI and the state government for "reluctance"
to levy entertainment tax on these matches and the Court had
directed the government to impose tax on the matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31