Maha collected Rs 24 cr ent tax on IPL, WC matches: Sena
Mumbai: Maharashtra Government has collected
Rs 24 crore as entertainment tax on IPL and Cricket World Cup
matches till May 2, senior Shiv Sena leader Subhash Desai said
here on Monday.
"The addition of Rs 24 crore to the government kitty is a
result of the campaign by the Sena against the state
government`s dilly-dallying on the issue of collecting the
revenue on these matches," Desai, Sena leader in State
Organisers deposited Rs 6.12 crore for 3 WC matches held
at the Wankhede Stadium between February 19 and April 2, as
per information available under RTI, Desai said.
"Organisers deposited Rs 9.68 crore for 4 IPL matches
held at the Wankhede Stadium between April 8 and May 2," he
Similarly, the government received Rs 1.62 crore each for
the IPL matches held at the D Y Patil stadium in Navi Mumbai
between April 10 and 17. It also got Rs 1.52 crore each for
the two IPL matches held at the same venue on April 24 and
District collectors of Mumbai, Thane (where Navi Mumbai
is located) and Nagpur have informed that Rs 15.80 crore
(Mumbai), Rs 7.89 crore (Navi Mumbai) and Rs 37.43 lakh
(Nagpur) have been collected.
Desai said he had filed a petition in the Bombay High
Court against BCCI and the state government for "reluctance"
to levy entertainment tax on these matches and the Court had
directed the government to impose tax on the matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report