Maha Cong flays `campaign` against Chavan over Guj remarks
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee (MPCC) on Tuesday flayed what it termed as a
`mischievous` campaign over Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan`s
praise of neighbouring Gujarat for agricultural development in
"At no point of time, did Chavan praise Gujarat Chief
Minister Narendra Modi. He only wanted to point out the
progress in agricultural sector made by that state," MPCC
spokesperson Husain Dalwai said, reacting to reports that
Chavan had lauded Modi over Gujarat`s development.
Chavan`s remarks had come at a function in agricultural
university in Ahmednagar on May 29, where he said that Gujarat
was far ahead of Maharashtra.
"While agricultural growth in Gujarat stood at 11 per
cent, it`s only 4.5 per cent in Maharashtra," Chavan had said,
adding Gujarat had recorded over 10 per cent growth through
the last decade and lauded Gujarat`s initiative in building
small irrigation systems for agriculture.
"Chavan did not praise Modi as an individual, but lauded
the neighbouring state for its achievement in agriculture
sector. This is a mischievous campaign against Chavan.
Anyways, almost 90 per cent of what Gujarat has achieved in
that sector is due to efforts by former Congress chief
minister Chimanbhai Patel," Dalwai said.
"There is apathy in Gujarat over Central schemes for
minorities, specially Muslims," he said adding that the
implementation is zero and Modi government does not give
matching grants for the Central schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'