Maha Cong flays `campaign` against Chavan over Guj remarks
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee (MPCC) on Tuesday flayed what it termed as a
`mischievous` campaign over Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan`s
praise of neighbouring Gujarat for agricultural development in
"At no point of time, did Chavan praise Gujarat Chief
Minister Narendra Modi. He only wanted to point out the
progress in agricultural sector made by that state," MPCC
spokesperson Husain Dalwai said, reacting to reports that
Chavan had lauded Modi over Gujarat`s development.
Chavan`s remarks had come at a function in agricultural
university in Ahmednagar on May 29, where he said that Gujarat
was far ahead of Maharashtra.
"While agricultural growth in Gujarat stood at 11 per
cent, it`s only 4.5 per cent in Maharashtra," Chavan had said,
adding Gujarat had recorded over 10 per cent growth through
the last decade and lauded Gujarat`s initiative in building
small irrigation systems for agriculture.
"Chavan did not praise Modi as an individual, but lauded
the neighbouring state for its achievement in agriculture
sector. This is a mischievous campaign against Chavan.
Anyways, almost 90 per cent of what Gujarat has achieved in
that sector is due to efforts by former Congress chief
minister Chimanbhai Patel," Dalwai said.
"There is apathy in Gujarat over Central schemes for
minorities, specially Muslims," he said adding that the
implementation is zero and Modi government does not give
matching grants for the Central schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog