Maha: Congress supports proposal to rename Dadar station
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee president Manikrao Thakre on Monday said that his party
supported the demand to rename of Dadar railway station in the
city as `Chaityabhoomi Terminus`.
State NCP was reportedly considering moving a resolution
seeking renaming at a conference next month. Chaityabhoomi,
the memorial of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar, is in Dadar area.
"We support renaming of Dadar station as `Chaityabhoomi`.
There is a historical importance to the station and if any
party has taken up the issue of renaming Dadar station, we
welcome it," he said.
"We have also written a letter to the Centre in this
regard and have asked it to expedite the procedure to rename
the station at the earliest," Thakre told reporters here.
Asked if NCP had taken the credit for taking up the
issue, he said, "We (Congress-NCP) are of same ideology and we
have to go together, and the people with the same ideology
should stay together."
Raj Thackeray-led MNS today said that it was opposed to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees