Maha: Congress supports proposal to rename Dadar station
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee president Manikrao Thakre on Monday said that his party
supported the demand to rename of Dadar railway station in the
city as `Chaityabhoomi Terminus`.
State NCP was reportedly considering moving a resolution
seeking renaming at a conference next month. Chaityabhoomi,
the memorial of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar, is in Dadar area.
"We support renaming of Dadar station as `Chaityabhoomi`.
There is a historical importance to the station and if any
party has taken up the issue of renaming Dadar station, we
welcome it," he said.
"We have also written a letter to the Centre in this
regard and have asked it to expedite the procedure to rename
the station at the earliest," Thakre told reporters here.
Asked if NCP had taken the credit for taking up the
issue, he said, "We (Congress-NCP) are of same ideology and we
have to go together, and the people with the same ideology
should stay together."
Raj Thackeray-led MNS today said that it was opposed to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling