Maha: Congress supports proposal to rename Dadar station
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee president Manikrao Thakre on Monday said that his party
supported the demand to rename of Dadar railway station in the
city as `Chaityabhoomi Terminus`.
State NCP was reportedly considering moving a resolution
seeking renaming at a conference next month. Chaityabhoomi,
the memorial of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar, is in Dadar area.
"We support renaming of Dadar station as `Chaityabhoomi`.
There is a historical importance to the station and if any
party has taken up the issue of renaming Dadar station, we
welcome it," he said.
"We have also written a letter to the Centre in this
regard and have asked it to expedite the procedure to rename
the station at the earliest," Thakre told reporters here.
Asked if NCP had taken the credit for taking up the
issue, he said, "We (Congress-NCP) are of same ideology and we
have to go together, and the people with the same ideology
should stay together."
Raj Thackeray-led MNS today said that it was opposed to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority