Maha: Congress supports proposal to rename Dadar station
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee president Manikrao Thakre on Monday said that his party
supported the demand to rename of Dadar railway station in the
city as `Chaityabhoomi Terminus`.
State NCP was reportedly considering moving a resolution
seeking renaming at a conference next month. Chaityabhoomi,
the memorial of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar, is in Dadar area.
"We support renaming of Dadar station as `Chaityabhoomi`.
There is a historical importance to the station and if any
party has taken up the issue of renaming Dadar station, we
welcome it," he said.
"We have also written a letter to the Centre in this
regard and have asked it to expedite the procedure to rename
the station at the earliest," Thakre told reporters here.
Asked if NCP had taken the credit for taking up the
issue, he said, "We (Congress-NCP) are of same ideology and we
have to go together, and the people with the same ideology
should stay together."
Raj Thackeray-led MNS today said that it was opposed to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi
- After Kejriwal's dramatic video message, sacked AAP minister claims his life under threat from Delhi CM
- Ruthlessness and positive the key to success in bowling: Ishant Sharma
- Telangana: suspension of 11 lower court judges revoked
- Aung San Suu Kyi keen to visit India