Maha: Congress supports proposal to rename Dadar station
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee president Manikrao Thakre on Monday said that his party
supported the demand to rename of Dadar railway station in the
city as `Chaityabhoomi Terminus`.
State NCP was reportedly considering moving a resolution
seeking renaming at a conference next month. Chaityabhoomi,
the memorial of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar, is in Dadar area.
"We support renaming of Dadar station as `Chaityabhoomi`.
There is a historical importance to the station and if any
party has taken up the issue of renaming Dadar station, we
welcome it," he said.
"We have also written a letter to the Centre in this
regard and have asked it to expedite the procedure to rename
the station at the earliest," Thakre told reporters here.
Asked if NCP had taken the credit for taking up the
issue, he said, "We (Congress-NCP) are of same ideology and we
have to go together, and the people with the same ideology
should stay together."
Raj Thackeray-led MNS today said that it was opposed to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan