Maha files report on probe against Kripa in SC
New Delhi: Maharashtra government on Monday placed before the Supreme Court its report on the probe into the alleged amassing of disproportianate assets by former Mumbai Congress chief Kripashankar Singh and his family members.
The report was filed in a sealed cover by a special investigating team, headed by Mumbai Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik, which probed the alleged benami assets of Singh and his family member.
The report was filed in compliance with a March 13 order of the Supreme Court which had asked Patnaik to conduct an independent probe and collect documentary evidence regarding all movable and immovable properties of Kripashankar and his family, including his wife, son, daughter-in-law and daughter while seeking a report in a sealed envelop.
A bench comprising justices H L Dattu and A R Dave had earlier refused to stay the investigation against Singh and his family members but put an interim stay on the process of attaching and seizure of their properties.
It had also restrained the politician and his family members from "alienating, transferring or dealing with properties" enumerated in the petition against them during the pendency of the case and had directed them to file an affidavit within three days giving an undertaking for the same.
The court had passed the order on petitions filed by Kripashankar and his family members seeking a stay on the Bombay High Court order of February 22 directing the city police commissioner to prosecute them for "criminal misconduct" under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
The High Court had also directed the police to attach the immovable properties of the Congress MLA.
Challenging the High Court`s order, they said the order was passed on a petition which was politically motivated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of PM Modi-led government's promise of good days- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of PM Modi-led government's promise of good days- Part III
- DNA: Analysis of why every third ATM in India is not working
- DNA: Analysis of why every third ATM in India is not working- Part II
- DNA: Today in History | May 26, 2016
- Sleep apnea gets worse in post-menopausal women
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon