Maha: Firearm recovered in Gadchiroli
Gadchiroli: A gun and live cartridges were recovered from a spot where suspected Naxals had gathered for a meeting here in East Maharashtra, police said on Wednesday .
The firearm, a 12-bore gun, and ammunition were found near tribal village of Ramayyapetha in Aheri taluka last evening, they said.
Police got a tip-off that some people, suspected to be Naxals, were holding an illegal meeting at the primary school in Ramayyapetha.
A joint team of the district police and CRPF rushed to the spot.
On seeing the security personnel, the persons, who were in black and green uniforms and numbered around 12, ran off and escaped into the nearby jungle, police said.
On searching the meeting site, police found the gun along with live cartridges, they said, adding anti-Naxal operations have been intensified in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!