Maha: Former MLA held for extortion
Bhusawal: Former NCP legislator
from Bhusawal Santosh Chaudhary has been arrested on extortion
charges, police said on Saturday.
The ex-lawmaker had allegedly demanded Rs 60 lakh from
a builder and his business partner to get their construction
plans passed by the Bhusawal Municipal Council, of which
Chaudhary`s wife is the president, they said.
The builders had paid some money to Chaudhary in the
past and were due to pay another Rs 15 lakh on Friday. They
lodged a complaint with the police which trapped Chaudhary
yesterday and later arrested him on extortion charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- UEFA Champions League 2016-17 draw; Player of the Year award ceremony — As it happened...
- Kannada actress Ramya attacked with eggs in Mangaluru over 'pro-Pak remarks'
- AFC Ajax keeper Jasper Cillessen joins Barcelona
- Nashik farmer gets 5 paise per kg for onions!
- China faces 1-year ban from weightlifting over doping