Maha: Former MLA held for extortion
Bhusawal: Former NCP legislator
from Bhusawal Santosh Chaudhary has been arrested on extortion
charges, police said on Saturday.
The ex-lawmaker had allegedly demanded Rs 60 lakh from
a builder and his business partner to get their construction
plans passed by the Bhusawal Municipal Council, of which
Chaudhary`s wife is the president, they said.
The builders had paid some money to Chaudhary in the
past and were due to pay another Rs 15 lakh on Friday. They
lodged a complaint with the police which trapped Chaudhary
yesterday and later arrested him on extortion charges.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources