Maha: Former MLA held for extortion
Bhusawal: Former NCP legislator
from Bhusawal Santosh Chaudhary has been arrested on extortion
charges, police said on Saturday.
The ex-lawmaker had allegedly demanded Rs 60 lakh from
a builder and his business partner to get their construction
plans passed by the Bhusawal Municipal Council, of which
Chaudhary`s wife is the president, they said.
The builders had paid some money to Chaudhary in the
past and were due to pay another Rs 15 lakh on Friday. They
lodged a complaint with the police which trapped Chaudhary
yesterday and later arrested him on extortion charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach