Maha goes hi-tech in issuing caste certificates
Mumbai: Maharashtra Government has started issuing caste validation certificates under CCTV surveillance to ensure transparency in the process.
"If the applicant feels that delay is being caused in issuing the caste validation certificates, he can demand the recorded footage of CCTV by filing an RTI," Minister of State for Social Justice Sachin Ahir said here today.
Expressing confidence that malpractices will be curbed through CCTV monitoring, Ahir said the drive was currently restricted to Mumbai district and will be implemented across the state depending upon its success.
The minister said officers of the ranks of Additional Collector have been deputed for the job.
The move came after the Bombay High Court cancelled caste certificates issued to 35 lakh people across Maharashtra in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report