Maha: Government sanctions housing programme in Naxal-hit district
Gadchiroli: An ambitious programme of constructing as many as 10,000 houses in the district has been sanctioned for the Maoist-affected district of Gadchiroli.
The district has already recieved funds worth Rs 18.47 crores from the state and the central government for the scheme under the Indira Aawas Yojna (IAY).
The scheme will provide houses to 10,049 people below poverty line (BPL), living in remote areas of the district, Zilla Parishad chief executive officer Sanjay Dhiwre and project director of the District Rural Development Agency (DRDA) Prabhu Rajgadkar said here on Friday.
The central government has a target of 3668 houses for the district for the year 2012-13. The first and second installments have been deposited in bank accounts of the respective beneficiaries.
In Gadchiroli district, 29,935 beneficiaries have been provided agricultural land under the Forest Rights Act by the district administration. Of these, as many as 5000 beneficiaries belonging to Below Poverty Line (BPL)have been selected for the housing scheme, Rajgadkar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets