Maha: Government sanctions housing programme in Naxal-hit district
Gadchiroli: An ambitious programme of constructing as many as 10,000 houses in the district has been sanctioned for the Maoist-affected district of Gadchiroli.
The district has already recieved funds worth Rs 18.47 crores from the state and the central government for the scheme under the Indira Aawas Yojna (IAY).
The scheme will provide houses to 10,049 people below poverty line (BPL), living in remote areas of the district, Zilla Parishad chief executive officer Sanjay Dhiwre and project director of the District Rural Development Agency (DRDA) Prabhu Rajgadkar said here on Friday.
The central government has a target of 3668 houses for the district for the year 2012-13. The first and second installments have been deposited in bank accounts of the respective beneficiaries.
In Gadchiroli district, 29,935 beneficiaries have been provided agricultural land under the Forest Rights Act by the district administration. Of these, as many as 5000 beneficiaries belonging to Below Poverty Line (BPL)have been selected for the housing scheme, Rajgadkar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25