Maha Governor calls for `water consciousness` during Holi
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan has greeted the people of Maharashtra on the occasion of Holi and asked the people not to wadte water while enjoying the festival in view of water scarcity in some parts of the state.
In his message, the Governor said "Holi is a unique festival that brings people closer in a spirit of brotherhood and social harmony."
He dwelt on the drought in Maharashtra and asked the people to remain alive and sensitive to this situation.
"I appeal to the people of Maharashtra to enjoy the festival of Holi without allowing wastage of water", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!