Maha Governor calls for `water consciousness` during Holi
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan has greeted the people of Maharashtra on the occasion of Holi and asked the people not to wadte water while enjoying the festival in view of water scarcity in some parts of the state.
In his message, the Governor said "Holi is a unique festival that brings people closer in a spirit of brotherhood and social harmony."
He dwelt on the drought in Maharashtra and asked the people to remain alive and sensitive to this situation.
"I appeal to the people of Maharashtra to enjoy the festival of Holi without allowing wastage of water", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!