Maha Governor calls for `water consciousness` during Holi
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan has greeted the people of Maharashtra on the occasion of Holi and asked the people not to wadte water while enjoying the festival in view of water scarcity in some parts of the state.
In his message, the Governor said "Holi is a unique festival that brings people closer in a spirit of brotherhood and social harmony."
He dwelt on the drought in Maharashtra and asked the people to remain alive and sensitive to this situation.
"I appeal to the people of Maharashtra to enjoy the festival of Holi without allowing wastage of water", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family