Maha governor gives Rs 6.59 lakh from discretionary fund for draught relief
Mumbai: Maharashtra governor K Sankaranarayanan on Sunday presented a cheque of Rs 6.59 lakh from his discretionary funds to Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan for the drought relief effort of the State Government.
The Governor handed over the cheque to the Chief Minister for the "Chief Minister’s Relief Fund" (Disaster Relief) when Chavan called on the Governor at Raj Bhavan.
The Governor has a discretionary fund of Rs 15 lakh at his disposal for the year 2012-13. The discretionary fund is utilised to support various socio-cultural organisations and individuals doing good work.
An amount of Rs 6.59 lakh of this fund was available with the Governor as on March 24. The Governor decided to give the entire amount for the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund for drought relief, Raj Bhavan officials said.
The Governor and the Chief Minister held discussion on various issues at the meeting that lasted for 30 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list