Maha governor gives Rs 6.59 lakh from discretionary fund for draught relief
Mumbai: Maharashtra governor K Sankaranarayanan on Sunday presented a cheque of Rs 6.59 lakh from his discretionary funds to Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan for the drought relief effort of the State Government.
The Governor handed over the cheque to the Chief Minister for the "Chief Minister’s Relief Fund" (Disaster Relief) when Chavan called on the Governor at Raj Bhavan.
The Governor has a discretionary fund of Rs 15 lakh at his disposal for the year 2012-13. The discretionary fund is utilised to support various socio-cultural organisations and individuals doing good work.
An amount of Rs 6.59 lakh of this fund was available with the Governor as on March 24. The Governor decided to give the entire amount for the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund for drought relief, Raj Bhavan officials said.
The Governor and the Chief Minister held discussion on various issues at the meeting that lasted for 30 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers