Maha governor gives Rs 6.59 lakh from discretionary fund for draught relief
Mumbai: Maharashtra governor K Sankaranarayanan on Sunday presented a cheque of Rs 6.59 lakh from his discretionary funds to Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan for the drought relief effort of the State Government.
The Governor handed over the cheque to the Chief Minister for the "Chief Minister’s Relief Fund" (Disaster Relief) when Chavan called on the Governor at Raj Bhavan.
The Governor has a discretionary fund of Rs 15 lakh at his disposal for the year 2012-13. The discretionary fund is utilised to support various socio-cultural organisations and individuals doing good work.
An amount of Rs 6.59 lakh of this fund was available with the Governor as on March 24. The Governor decided to give the entire amount for the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund for drought relief, Raj Bhavan officials said.
The Governor and the Chief Minister held discussion on various issues at the meeting that lasted for 30 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read