Maha governor gives Rs 6.59 lakh from discretionary fund for draught relief
Mumbai: Maharashtra governor K Sankaranarayanan on Sunday presented a cheque of Rs 6.59 lakh from his discretionary funds to Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan for the drought relief effort of the State Government.
The Governor handed over the cheque to the Chief Minister for the "Chief Minister’s Relief Fund" (Disaster Relief) when Chavan called on the Governor at Raj Bhavan.
The Governor has a discretionary fund of Rs 15 lakh at his disposal for the year 2012-13. The discretionary fund is utilised to support various socio-cultural organisations and individuals doing good work.
An amount of Rs 6.59 lakh of this fund was available with the Governor as on March 24. The Governor decided to give the entire amount for the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund for drought relief, Raj Bhavan officials said.
The Governor and the Chief Minister held discussion on various issues at the meeting that lasted for 30 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony