Maha govt against ban on onion export: Chavan
Nashik: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Sunday said the state government was against ban on exports of onion and sugar among other agricultural produce.
"Congress government has often accorded a top priority to the benefit of farmers and government does not want to ban exports of agricultural produce like onion, sugar, cotton and turmeric.
"I recently held a meeting with Union finance minister Pranab Mukherjee in connection with our said demands," Chavan told reporters here.
Observing that "Jan Lokpal Bill is not a magic wand which can eradicate corruption overnight," Chavan said the state government was adopting various measures to check scams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016: BSEB 10th Result 2016, Bihar Class 10th Result 2016 to be declared today on May 29; check biharboard.bih.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi plays traditional Khasi drum in Meghalaya
- Lightning strikes German football pitch, 35 hurt, 3 seriously
- People's faith in our work renewed our vigour: PM Modi at India Gate
- IPL 2016: Virat Kohli praises rival captain David Warner, predicts tough final against Sunrisers Hyderabad