Maha govt agrees for judicial probe in Adarsh scam
Nagpur: Maharashtra Government on Wednesday agreed
to hold a judicial probe into Adarsh scam while outrightly
rejecting the Opposition`s demand for a Joint Legislative
Committee (JLC) probe into the fraud.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan winding up the marathon
discussion on the Adarsh scam, virtually admitted all the
irregularities and lapses in the scam and announced to conduct
a judicial probe into it.
Chavan, however, did not bow down to the Opposition`s
demand for a JLC.
The Committee will comprise two members -- a retired
Supreme Court or High Court judge and an administrative
officer of the rank of chief secretary, he told the winter
session of Assembly underway in Nagpur.
The chief minister said the Committee will be constituted
under the Commission of Inquiry Act. He also offered to
accommodate all the suggestions and queries of Opposition in
Disciplinary action will be initiated against 21
bureaucrats directly or indirectly involved in the scam as per
the provision of All India Service Rules of IAS, Chavan said,
adding that it will cover even those who were involved in the
decision process of allotment of flat to their family members.
On the missing papers from the file of Adarsh Society,
Chavan said that the government has already initiated criminal
proceedings and was carrying out electronic storing of
documents to protect them.
Expressing his resentment over media coverage to the
scam, the chief minister said the episode is like a media
trial and the state government was considering to bring a code
of conduct for media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly