Maha govt agrees for judicial probe in Adarsh scam
Nagpur: Maharashtra Government on Wednesday agreed
to hold a judicial probe into Adarsh scam while outrightly
rejecting the Opposition`s demand for a Joint Legislative
Committee (JLC) probe into the fraud.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan winding up the marathon
discussion on the Adarsh scam, virtually admitted all the
irregularities and lapses in the scam and announced to conduct
a judicial probe into it.
Chavan, however, did not bow down to the Opposition`s
demand for a JLC.
The Committee will comprise two members -- a retired
Supreme Court or High Court judge and an administrative
officer of the rank of chief secretary, he told the winter
session of Assembly underway in Nagpur.
The chief minister said the Committee will be constituted
under the Commission of Inquiry Act. He also offered to
accommodate all the suggestions and queries of Opposition in
Disciplinary action will be initiated against 21
bureaucrats directly or indirectly involved in the scam as per
the provision of All India Service Rules of IAS, Chavan said,
adding that it will cover even those who were involved in the
decision process of allotment of flat to their family members.
On the missing papers from the file of Adarsh Society,
Chavan said that the government has already initiated criminal
proceedings and was carrying out electronic storing of
documents to protect them.
Expressing his resentment over media coverage to the
scam, the chief minister said the episode is like a media
trial and the state government was considering to bring a code
of conduct for media.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India