Maha govt aims to achieve zero pendency of files
Mumbai: With an aim to achieve "zero
pendency" of files, Rural Development department of
Maharashtra Government has issued an order saying that every
employee and officer should take decisions on matters within
Priority should be accorded to files based on urgency
of the matter and should be disposed off in a day of two, the
Government Resolution (GR) said.
A review of pending cases should be taken on the third
Saturday of every month. "On that day, it should be ensured
that there is no pending file unnecessarily and work to
achieve zero pendency," Rural Development Minister Jayant
According to the GR, a list should be prepared about
the pending cases highlighting the reasons for delay in
disposing them off after the monthly review.
The list should be then circulated from the
Gramsevaks, block development officer (bdo), CEO and
divisional commissioner and should be published, it said.
The decision will be applicable from the Minister`s
office to the Grampanchayat level.
The minister further said work on computerisation of
Gram panchayat offices is on in full swing.
He said the National Informatics Centre (NIC) has
prepared 12 kinds of software. Accounts of 27,500 gram
panchayats can be prepared online through this software. SO
far,computers and printers have been handed over to 19000 gram
Patil also said due to computerisation,functioning at
gram panchayats will be transparent and streamlined. Rural
citizens will get online facilities like online applications,
email service, internet surfing, payment of telephone, mobile
and electricity bills online, online booking of bus and
railway tickets and online banking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends