Maha govt aims to achieve zero pendency of files
Mumbai: With an aim to achieve "zero
pendency" of files, Rural Development department of
Maharashtra Government has issued an order saying that every
employee and officer should take decisions on matters within
Priority should be accorded to files based on urgency
of the matter and should be disposed off in a day of two, the
Government Resolution (GR) said.
A review of pending cases should be taken on the third
Saturday of every month. "On that day, it should be ensured
that there is no pending file unnecessarily and work to
achieve zero pendency," Rural Development Minister Jayant
According to the GR, a list should be prepared about
the pending cases highlighting the reasons for delay in
disposing them off after the monthly review.
The list should be then circulated from the
Gramsevaks, block development officer (bdo), CEO and
divisional commissioner and should be published, it said.
The decision will be applicable from the Minister`s
office to the Grampanchayat level.
The minister further said work on computerisation of
Gram panchayat offices is on in full swing.
He said the National Informatics Centre (NIC) has
prepared 12 kinds of software. Accounts of 27,500 gram
panchayats can be prepared online through this software. SO
far,computers and printers have been handed over to 19000 gram
Patil also said due to computerisation,functioning at
gram panchayats will be transparent and streamlined. Rural
citizens will get online facilities like online applications,
email service, internet surfing, payment of telephone, mobile
and electricity bills online, online booking of bus and
railway tickets and online banking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report