Maha govt announces CID probe in Jalna gangrape case
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government on Saturday said
it will initiate a CID probe in the alleged gang rape of a
minor girl in Jalna district.
"We will conduct a CID probe in the matter. The CID would
also check if there was any negligence on part of police in
filing an FIR. We will take stern action against those found
guilty," Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil said in a written
reply in the Legislative Council.
Congress MLC Rajan Teli`s query had alleged that the girl
from Hatadi village was gangraped by a police man and the
village chief. He further said the police tried to destroy
evidence by cremating the girl.
Patil said the girl`s parents had told the police that
she died due to snake bite. "Her relatives did not complain or
report about the rape," he said, adding that there was no
mention of rape in police investigations.
Congress MLC Husain Dalwai objected to the written answer
and alleged parents of the girl were pressurised for keeping
"When the parents went to complain, police threatened
them to put behind bars," Dalwai claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what