Maha govt announces CID probe in Jalna gangrape case
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government on Saturday said
it will initiate a CID probe in the alleged gang rape of a
minor girl in Jalna district.
"We will conduct a CID probe in the matter. The CID would
also check if there was any negligence on part of police in
filing an FIR. We will take stern action against those found
guilty," Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil said in a written
reply in the Legislative Council.
Congress MLC Rajan Teli`s query had alleged that the girl
from Hatadi village was gangraped by a police man and the
village chief. He further said the police tried to destroy
evidence by cremating the girl.
Patil said the girl`s parents had told the police that
she died due to snake bite. "Her relatives did not complain or
report about the rape," he said, adding that there was no
mention of rape in police investigations.
Congress MLC Husain Dalwai objected to the written answer
and alleged parents of the girl were pressurised for keeping
"When the parents went to complain, police threatened
them to put behind bars," Dalwai claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill