Maha govt appoints two officials to same post
Mumbai: In a goof-up, Maharashtra Government has appointed a senior excise official and a police officer to the same post of Director, Vigilance, within a span of five days.
The state government issued orders for appointment of senior Excise officer Prasad Surve and Osmanabad SP Datta Karale, as Director Vigilance in the state Excise department, all in the first half of June.
While Surve`s orders were issued on June 8, Karale`s orders were issued on June 13, Home Department sources said.
Much to his embarrassment, when Karale went to take charge, he was told that Surve had already assumed office a couple of days earlier. Karale is still awaiting a resolution to this mix-up.
The sources said with Surve`s appointment, the state government has dumped the convention of having a police officer to head the sensitive vigilance wing.
As per the convention, the vigilance cell head of the Excise Department is an SP or DCP level police officer, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far