Maha govt appoints two officials to same post
Mumbai: In a goof-up, Maharashtra Government has appointed a senior excise official and a police officer to the same post of Director, Vigilance, within a span of five days.
The state government issued orders for appointment of senior Excise officer Prasad Surve and Osmanabad SP Datta Karale, as Director Vigilance in the state Excise department, all in the first half of June.
While Surve`s orders were issued on June 8, Karale`s orders were issued on June 13, Home Department sources said.
Much to his embarrassment, when Karale went to take charge, he was told that Surve had already assumed office a couple of days earlier. Karale is still awaiting a resolution to this mix-up.
The sources said with Surve`s appointment, the state government has dumped the convention of having a police officer to head the sensitive vigilance wing.
As per the convention, the vigilance cell head of the Excise Department is an SP or DCP level police officer, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Five killed as house collapses in Andhra Pradesh
- Here’s why Lord Shiva is also known as Neelkantha
- Ravichandran Ashwin replaces Yashir Shah at the top of ICC bowler rankings
- Hubble peers into the core of a starburst galaxy – See pic!
- JuD medical team wants to visit Kashmir to treat injured, applies for Indian visa