Maha govt appoints two officials to same post
Mumbai: In a goof-up, Maharashtra Government has appointed a senior excise official and a police officer to the same post of Director, Vigilance, within a span of five days.
The state government issued orders for appointment of senior Excise officer Prasad Surve and Osmanabad SP Datta Karale, as Director Vigilance in the state Excise department, all in the first half of June.
While Surve`s orders were issued on June 8, Karale`s orders were issued on June 13, Home Department sources said.
Much to his embarrassment, when Karale went to take charge, he was told that Surve had already assumed office a couple of days earlier. Karale is still awaiting a resolution to this mix-up.
The sources said with Surve`s appointment, the state government has dumped the convention of having a police officer to head the sensitive vigilance wing.
As per the convention, the vigilance cell head of the Excise Department is an SP or DCP level police officer, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming