Maha govt approves `best of five` formula for SSC students
Mumbai: In order to bring parity with other
educational boards, the Maharashtra Government today approved
the `best of five` formula for junior college admissions from
the next academic year.
"The decision was finalised by the Government considering
positive response from parents, teachers and students," an
Education Department official said.
The formula would enable the board to calculate marks of
the best five subjects out of the six compulsory subjects.
This would increase their aggregate marks, the official said.
However, the students will be required to pass in all
subjects, he said.
The students appearing for Secondary School Certificate
exam (10th class) scheduled in March would be eligible for the
option, the official said.
Even the students reappearing for 10th class exam would
benefit from the decision, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation