Maha govt approves `best of five` formula for SSC students
Mumbai: In order to bring parity with other
educational boards, the Maharashtra Government today approved
the `best of five` formula for junior college admissions from
the next academic year.
"The decision was finalised by the Government considering
positive response from parents, teachers and students," an
Education Department official said.
The formula would enable the board to calculate marks of
the best five subjects out of the six compulsory subjects.
This would increase their aggregate marks, the official said.
However, the students will be required to pass in all
subjects, he said.
The students appearing for Secondary School Certificate
exam (10th class) scheduled in March would be eligible for the
option, the official said.
Even the students reappearing for 10th class exam would
benefit from the decision, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf