Maha govt approves `best of five` formula for SSC students
Mumbai: In order to bring parity with other
educational boards, the Maharashtra Government today approved
the `best of five` formula for junior college admissions from
the next academic year.
"The decision was finalised by the Government considering
positive response from parents, teachers and students," an
Education Department official said.
The formula would enable the board to calculate marks of
the best five subjects out of the six compulsory subjects.
This would increase their aggregate marks, the official said.
However, the students will be required to pass in all
subjects, he said.
The students appearing for Secondary School Certificate
exam (10th class) scheduled in March would be eligible for the
option, the official said.
Even the students reappearing for 10th class exam would
benefit from the decision, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'