Maha govt approves `best of five` formula for SSC students
Mumbai: In order to bring parity with other
educational boards, the Maharashtra Government today approved
the `best of five` formula for junior college admissions from
the next academic year.
"The decision was finalised by the Government considering
positive response from parents, teachers and students," an
Education Department official said.
The formula would enable the board to calculate marks of
the best five subjects out of the six compulsory subjects.
This would increase their aggregate marks, the official said.
However, the students will be required to pass in all
subjects, he said.
The students appearing for Secondary School Certificate
exam (10th class) scheduled in March would be eligible for the
option, the official said.
Even the students reappearing for 10th class exam would
benefit from the decision, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah