Maha govt approves elevated Nagpur Metro project
Mumbai: Maharashtra government has accorded in-principle approval to the elevated Nagpur Metro Rail project which is estimated to cost Rs 7,350 crore.
Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, while presenting the Budget proposals for 2013-14, said the Nagpur Metro Rail project covers Sitabardi-Airport-Butibori.
Nagpur Improvement Trust has been declared as the implementing agency for the project.
He said the project proposal is under process for sending it with recommendations of the state government to the Centre for approval.
The government has so far spent Rs 1,000 crore on infrastructure development and land acquisition for Nagpur`s MIHAN project, comprising international passenger and cargo hub airport and a special economic zone. An outlay of Rs 200 crore is proposed for the year 2013-14.
Also, out of the two corridors for Pune Metro rail project covering 31.5 km in the first phase, the state government has accorded its sanction to the corridor from Wanaj to Ramwadi and the other corridor Pimpri-Chinchwad to Swargate is under consideration.
The total estimated cost of the project is Rs 10,183 crore. Speaking about the Mumbai Metro Phase I Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar project, Pawar said the 11.4 km long project being constructed at the cost of Rs 2,356 crore will benefit six lakh passengers. The project is expected to be opened for the public by September 2013.
Similarly, he said the mono-rail project from Wadala to Chembur is nearing completion and will be operational by the middle of this year. The work on Phase II from Sant Gadge Maharaj Chowk to Wadala is in progress and is expected to be completed by June 2014, Pawar said.
Around 1.8 lakh passengers will be benefited every day after completion of these projects, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter