Maha govt committee to oversee medical services to poor
Mumbai: Maharashtra government has instituted a four-member committee for monitoring and inspection of medical services provided to poor and economically weaker sections by hospitals in the state, registered under the Mumbai Charitable Act.
The committee will be headed by joint charity commissioner. Assistant director of health services will be the member secretary, while chief medical officer or any representative from the municipal corporation as well as assistant sales tax commissioner will be members, according to a government resolution by the health department.
The committee will conduct inspection of the accounts of the hospitals regarding expenditure on indigent as well as economically weaker patients, every three months.
Case papers of the patients, whether the tests conducted on them were required, whether the expenditure incurred on the tests was proper, documentary evidence of the patients being poor or economically backward will be inspected, as per the GR.
The inspection committee will submit their reports to a high-powered panel headed by additional chief secretary (health). Principal secretary (law and judiciary), chief executive officer of the Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayi Health Scheme, charity commissioner, sales tax commissioner, director of health services, and deputy secretary (health) will be the members of the committee.
The inspection and monitoring committee has been set up to check the quality of medical services provided to poor and economically weaker sections in charitable hospitals, who are given different kinds of concessions by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C
- Euro 2016: Spain veteran Iker Casillas hints at retirement after team's defeat against Italy