Maha govt committee to oversee medical services to poor
Mumbai: Maharashtra government has instituted a four-member committee for monitoring and inspection of medical services provided to poor and economically weaker sections by hospitals in the state, registered under the Mumbai Charitable Act.
The committee will be headed by joint charity commissioner. Assistant director of health services will be the member secretary, while chief medical officer or any representative from the municipal corporation as well as assistant sales tax commissioner will be members, according to a government resolution by the health department.
The committee will conduct inspection of the accounts of the hospitals regarding expenditure on indigent as well as economically weaker patients, every three months.
Case papers of the patients, whether the tests conducted on them were required, whether the expenditure incurred on the tests was proper, documentary evidence of the patients being poor or economically backward will be inspected, as per the GR.
The inspection committee will submit their reports to a high-powered panel headed by additional chief secretary (health). Principal secretary (law and judiciary), chief executive officer of the Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayi Health Scheme, charity commissioner, sales tax commissioner, director of health services, and deputy secretary (health) will be the members of the committee.
The inspection and monitoring committee has been set up to check the quality of medical services provided to poor and economically weaker sections in charitable hospitals, who are given different kinds of concessions by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you