Maha govt in power without vision: Uddhav
Mumbai: Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray today lashed out at the state government for being in power without vision.
Addressing a valedictory session of a day long seminar on education, Uddhav said the present government was treating students as "guinea pigs".
Referring to frequent policy changes in terms of education by the government, he said when a minister changes, policies also change and when that happens, students` life is ruined.
"This government is in power but without a vision," Uddhav charged.
Calling for effective education reforms, Uddhav said, "Mere talk will not do. Time has come to take concrete decisions," he added.
Uddhav ridiculed the system of "Parents Teachers meetings" in schools.
"I fail to understand why teachers should complain to parents that their children are not studying. It is the duty of teachers to ensure that and if the children are not studying, teachers should introspect."
He said the civic body run by his party is taking steps to ensure that civic run schools can match the standards of private educational institutions.
Uddhav said virtual classroom format has been recently started for class X students of BMC schools.
Professional teachers will be seen imparting lectures through video and audio to all the students from one main centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event