Maha govt issues guidelines for setting up of police stations
Thane: The Maharashtra government`s home
department has issued guidelines for setting up of police
stations in the state.
Earlier, there were no guidelines but police stations
were being set up based on requirement and as per request from
the top brass of police department, states a publication by
the government`s home department.
Hence the state was seriously considering of having one
such set of guidelines for setting up of the police stations
as the situation has drastically changed presently, it said.
Due to this dire need for having one such set of
guidelines, seniors in the police department lead by Pravin
Dixit, principal secretary (home) met last March end and
drafted a policy which was published by the state government a
couple of days ago.
The guidelines has listed a total of sixteen points while
setting up a police station, taking into consideration the
changes and developments which have taken place in the state
since the last five decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!