Maha govt orders ACB probe against Bhujbal
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government on Tuesday ordered a probe by the state’s Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) into a complaint of alleged corruption against public works (PWD) Minister Chhagan Bhujbal in the construction of the Maharashtra Sadan in Delhi.
The ACB had earlier sought permission from the state government to begin the inquiry into the corruption allegation against Bhujbal in view of a complaint lodged from BJP`s Kirit Somaiya against the minister.
Somaiya had alleged Bhujbal had misused his official position and awarded the contract for construction of the state guest house in Delhi`s Lutyen`s zone to companies owned by his family members and associates.
ACB has asked for the state government`s permission to probe public works minister Chhagan Bhujbal`s role in the Maharashtra Sadan scam.
In his complaint to ACB, the BJP leader had accused Bhujbal, his friends and family-owned companies of being involved in several non-transparent and corrupt transactions, using a web of firms to park the money earned through illegal means.
The Minister, has, however, rejected the allegation.
Bhujbal had, however, rubbished the accusations, saying, "BJP had earlier labelled it as a Rs 100-crore scam. They later dubbed it as a Rs 1000-crore scam and now have further raised stakes. The fact is there is no scam at all."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price