Maha govt orders ACB probe against Bhujbal
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government on Tuesday ordered a probe by the state’s Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) into a complaint of alleged corruption against public works (PWD) Minister Chhagan Bhujbal in the construction of the Maharashtra Sadan in Delhi.
The ACB had earlier sought permission from the state government to begin the inquiry into the corruption allegation against Bhujbal in view of a complaint lodged from BJP`s Kirit Somaiya against the minister.
Somaiya had alleged Bhujbal had misused his official position and awarded the contract for construction of the state guest house in Delhi`s Lutyen`s zone to companies owned by his family members and associates.
ACB has asked for the state government`s permission to probe public works minister Chhagan Bhujbal`s role in the Maharashtra Sadan scam.
In his complaint to ACB, the BJP leader had accused Bhujbal, his friends and family-owned companies of being involved in several non-transparent and corrupt transactions, using a web of firms to park the money earned through illegal means.
The Minister, has, however, rejected the allegation.
Bhujbal had, however, rubbished the accusations, saying, "BJP had earlier labelled it as a Rs 100-crore scam. They later dubbed it as a Rs 1000-crore scam and now have further raised stakes. The fact is there is no scam at all."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- Asha Kumari appointed AICC incharge of Punjab