Maha govt sanctions Rs 14 lakh to rebuild Pune`s German Bakery
Pune: Maharashtra government has sanctioned and handed over an amount of Rs 14 lakh as financial assistance to rebuild the German Bakery, the popular eatery bombed in the February 13 terror attack.
A cheque for the amount was given to the eatery owner
Smita Kharose by the Pune Guardian Minister Ajit Pawar here
in the presence of the district collector Chandrakant Dalvi,
an official release said today.
Efforts would be made to restart the bakery-cum-eatery
on August 15, Kharose said and thanked the administration
and people for the support extended to her after the terror
strike that left 17 persons dead and about 50 injured.
The proposal to sanction aid to the affected shop
owner from the Chief Minister`s fund was approved after a
representation from the Kharose family and assessment of the
damage to the property in Koregaon Park area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says