Maha govt sanctions Rs 14 lakh to rebuild Pune`s German Bakery
Pune: Maharashtra government has sanctioned and handed over an amount of Rs 14 lakh as financial assistance to rebuild the German Bakery, the popular eatery bombed in the February 13 terror attack.
A cheque for the amount was given to the eatery owner
Smita Kharose by the Pune Guardian Minister Ajit Pawar here
in the presence of the district collector Chandrakant Dalvi,
an official release said today.
Efforts would be made to restart the bakery-cum-eatery
on August 15, Kharose said and thanked the administration
and people for the support extended to her after the terror
strike that left 17 persons dead and about 50 injured.
The proposal to sanction aid to the affected shop
owner from the Chief Minister`s fund was approved after a
representation from the Kharose family and assessment of the
damage to the property in Koregaon Park area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt