Maha govt sanctions Rs 403 cr for infra development in 4 towns
Mumbai: Maharashtra government on Friday sanctioned Rs 403 crore to develop infrastructure facilities in Vasai-Virar, Nandurbar, Deglur and Bhusawal towns.
A statement from Chief Minister`s office said issues of water supply and road construction will be resolved with the help of these funds.
"For Vasai-Virar Municipal Corporation, Rs 269.79 crore have been sanctioned for water supply schemes. "Water pumps, automation system and pipeline at Surya and Masvan rivers will be facilitated. A pump house will be set up to enable water supply to the township," the statement said.
The government will share 50 per cent of the cost and provide Rs 134.89 crore to the civic body.
For Nandurbar Municipal Corporation, Rs 100.82 crore has been approved for road development in which state government will share 80 per cent of the cost. An amount of Rs 80.66 crore will be given to the civic body to facilitate road repairs, construction of new roads, dividers, footpaths and bridges.
Deglur Municipal Council has been sanctioned Rs 21 crore for water supply schemes out of which 80 per cent of the cost (Rs 16.81 crore) will be shared by the state government.
In Bhusawal, Rs 11.99 crore has been sanctioned for road development out of which the state government will bear 50 per cent cost (Rs 5.99 crore).
The funds will be provided under Maharashtra Suvarna Jayanti Nagarothan Mahabhiyan, which aims to support municipal bodies not falling under the JNNURM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know