Maha Govt to act against contractors employing Bangladeshis
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Government would act against building contractors employing Bangladeshis, the state Legislative Council was informed here on Friday.
"We will find illegal Bangladeshis, who have entered Mumbai and other parts of the state and are working as construction labourers," Home Minister RR Patil said, replying to a query by Alka Desai (Congress).
The government would also take stringent action against officials helping the illegal Bangladeshi migrants in obtaining PAN cards and driving licenses, the minister said.
"Bangladeshis cross over to India, enter West Bengal and obtain documents on the basis of certificates issued by local sarpanch. It has been found that there are agents involved in this process and they are helped by officials here," Patil said.
"These Bangladeshis speak Bengali, dress like us and as a result, it is difficult to identify them when in a crowd," he said.
The Centre has been asked to stop this Bangladeshi infiltration, he said.
"It is not possible for police to identify each and every Bangladeshi. When there is an inquiry of a Bengali, it is considered an insult and as such the entire police department comes on the radar of NGOs,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Govt job! Intelligence Bureau invites application for 209 Security Assistant posts
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Saina Nehwal seeded fifth; PV Sindhu, K Srikanth get ninth seed
- Afghan officials report Taliban attacks in northern province
- Sachin Saga: Tendulkar set to appear in world of digital gaming
- I share a good rapport with team members: Anil Kumble