Maha govt to file case against Lavasa project
Mumbai: Dark clouds seem to be once again looming large over Hindustan Construction Company`s ambitious Lavasa Lake City project, as the Maharashtra government plans to file an environmental violation case against the company in Pune court on Tuesday.
"We are preparing documents to file a case against Lavasa Corporation for violating Environment (Protection) Act 1986. Most probably, we will file a case against the company tomorrow," State Environment Minister Sanjay Devtale said.
"We will send a detailed report to the Environment Ministry after filing a case against the company (Lavasa Corporation)," he said.
On June 10, the Union Environment Ministry had asked the Maharashtra Government to take necessary action against the Lavasa Corporation, as a part of its construction has been undertaken without a green nod.
In a letter to the Maharashtra Government, the Union Ministry said that during an appraisal of request for green clearance for the development of 2,000 hectares Hill Station Township "it was found that constructions/developments in 681 hectare area was in progress without obtaining prior environmental clearance."
Noting that it had earlier issued show-cause notices on November 25 last year and "final directions" on January 17 this year, the Ministry said the constructions/developments in the 681 hectare area "are violations" of Environment (Protection) Act 1986.The action comes even as the Environment Ministry prepares to make known its decision on the Phase-I of the controversial project on June 15, when the matter comes up in the Bombay High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis
- Uttarakhand Board Class 12th Examination Results 2016: (uaresults.nic.in) Uttarakhand Board (UK) Class 12th Results 2016, Uttarakhand Class 12 Results 2016 to be declared today