Maha govt to survey buildings without OC
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government on Thursday said a special drive will be undertaken to survey 5,000 buildings in Mumbai which have been handed over to residents without Occupation Certificate (OC).
This was announced by Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan while responding to supplementaries during a calling attention notice in the Legislative Assembly that builders are not being penalised and residents end up paying more taxes due to lack of proper OC.
Chavan admitted there are 5,000-odd buildings in Mumbai where builders have handed over occupation to the residents without OC.
Jeetendra Avhad (NCP) said developers take only construction certificate (CC) from the municipal authorities and violate building rules by not following proper guidelines. "They get away with such irregularities and make the residents pay," he complained.
Avhad was supported by BJP legislator Yogesh Sagar and Subhash Desai (Shiv Sena). Desai asked if any legislation would be passed to prevent hardships to the common man.
Chavan said the suggestion of a separate legislation would be considered and a fresh policy would be made soon.
The legislator said developers were not paying development charges and transfer occupation to the flat owners without taking OC. He said developers had not paid Rs 655 crore to the Mumbai municipality till June this year.
Chavan said developers have to pay 50 per cent of the development charges before start of construction and 50 per cent after permission of construction is given.
He admitted that Rs 102 crore is awaited from developers of redevelopment projects and said the projects are going slow due to various reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble