Maha has deposited rail funds with Centre: Minister
Beed (Maha): The state government has deposited Rs 113 crore for the Ahmednagar-Beed-Parli rail link with the central government, State Public Works Department (Public Undertakings) Minister Jaydatta Kshirsagar said on Sunday.
Around 90 per cent of the land acquisition work for the project is also over, he said at the Maharashtra Suvarnjayanti Nagorathan Abhiyan`s state level development work inauguration programme in Beed city.
Kshirsagar`s statement comes after senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde said on December 16 that the central government had released funds for the project, but the Maharashtra government was yet to contribute its share.
Kshirsagar said that urbanisation is increasing and the government is committed to give basic infrastructure to the citizen.
For the development of Beed district, a proposal for Mumbai-Nagpur high-speed railway has been presented before the government. This high-speed railway will go through the district, Kshirsagar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi