Maha has deposited rail funds with Centre: Minister
Beed (Maha): The state government has deposited Rs 113 crore for the Ahmednagar-Beed-Parli rail link with the central government, State Public Works Department (Public Undertakings) Minister Jaydatta Kshirsagar said on Sunday.
Around 90 per cent of the land acquisition work for the project is also over, he said at the Maharashtra Suvarnjayanti Nagorathan Abhiyan`s state level development work inauguration programme in Beed city.
Kshirsagar`s statement comes after senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde said on December 16 that the central government had released funds for the project, but the Maharashtra government was yet to contribute its share.
Kshirsagar said that urbanisation is increasing and the government is committed to give basic infrastructure to the citizen.
For the development of Beed district, a proposal for Mumbai-Nagpur high-speed railway has been presented before the government. This high-speed railway will go through the district, Kshirsagar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!