Maha has deposited rail funds with Centre: Minister
Beed (Maha): The state government has deposited Rs 113 crore for the Ahmednagar-Beed-Parli rail link with the central government, State Public Works Department (Public Undertakings) Minister Jaydatta Kshirsagar said on Sunday.
Around 90 per cent of the land acquisition work for the project is also over, he said at the Maharashtra Suvarnjayanti Nagorathan Abhiyan`s state level development work inauguration programme in Beed city.
Kshirsagar`s statement comes after senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde said on December 16 that the central government had released funds for the project, but the Maharashtra government was yet to contribute its share.
Kshirsagar said that urbanisation is increasing and the government is committed to give basic infrastructure to the citizen.
For the development of Beed district, a proposal for Mumbai-Nagpur high-speed railway has been presented before the government. This high-speed railway will go through the district, Kshirsagar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users