Maha has deposited rail funds with Centre: Minister
Beed (Maha): The state government has deposited Rs 113 crore for the Ahmednagar-Beed-Parli rail link with the central government, State Public Works Department (Public Undertakings) Minister Jaydatta Kshirsagar said on Sunday.
Around 90 per cent of the land acquisition work for the project is also over, he said at the Maharashtra Suvarnjayanti Nagorathan Abhiyan`s state level development work inauguration programme in Beed city.
Kshirsagar`s statement comes after senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde said on December 16 that the central government had released funds for the project, but the Maharashtra government was yet to contribute its share.
Kshirsagar said that urbanisation is increasing and the government is committed to give basic infrastructure to the citizen.
For the development of Beed district, a proposal for Mumbai-Nagpur high-speed railway has been presented before the government. This high-speed railway will go through the district, Kshirsagar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured