Maha has deposited rail funds with Centre: Minister
Beed (Maha): The state government has deposited Rs 113 crore for the Ahmednagar-Beed-Parli rail link with the central government, State Public Works Department (Public Undertakings) Minister Jaydatta Kshirsagar said on Sunday.
Around 90 per cent of the land acquisition work for the project is also over, he said at the Maharashtra Suvarnjayanti Nagorathan Abhiyan`s state level development work inauguration programme in Beed city.
Kshirsagar`s statement comes after senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde said on December 16 that the central government had released funds for the project, but the Maharashtra government was yet to contribute its share.
Kshirsagar said that urbanisation is increasing and the government is committed to give basic infrastructure to the citizen.
For the development of Beed district, a proposal for Mumbai-Nagpur high-speed railway has been presented before the government. This high-speed railway will go through the district, Kshirsagar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani