Maha Home Min assures strict action in Kolhapur sex scandal case

Last Updated: Saturday, June 4, 2011 - 19:07

Kolhapur: Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil
on Saturday said strict action would be taken against all those
found guilty in the Kolhapur sex scandal case, in which a
woman recruit at a police training school was allegedly raped.

Addressing a press conference here, Patil said an inquiry
into the case has found three police officers and a head
constable guilty, but action would be taken against them only
after the divisional inquiry is over.
"The report of inquiry made by police officer Maithili
Jha is now with the Maharashtra government. In this report,
prima facie Superintendent of Police Yashsvi Yadav, Deputy SP
Vijay Parkale and police inspector Dnyaneshwar Munde have been
found guilty. However, a divisional inquiry against them is
still on. Constable Yuvraj Kamble is also not innocent in this
case," he said.

A police woman recruited at the Kolhapur police training
school alleged that she had been raped and forced to undergo
abortion by Kamble.

Kamble has been suspended and arrested.

The state government had transferred Yadav for lack of
supervision and suspended Parkale and Munde following
complaints about their behaviour.
Patil rubbished reports that 11 policewomen had been
sexually assaulted at the police training school.

"It is not true. Only one trainee lady constable was a
victim," he said.


Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.

First Published: Saturday, June 4, 2011 - 19:07

More from zeenews

comments powered by Disqus