Maha Home Min assures strict action in Kolhapur sex scandal case
Kolhapur: Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil
on Saturday said strict action would be taken against all those
found guilty in the Kolhapur sex scandal case, in which a
woman recruit at a police training school was allegedly raped.
Addressing a press conference here, Patil said an inquiry
into the case has found three police officers and a head
constable guilty, but action would be taken against them only
after the divisional inquiry is over.
"The report of inquiry made by police officer Maithili
Jha is now with the Maharashtra government. In this report,
prima facie Superintendent of Police Yashsvi Yadav, Deputy SP
Vijay Parkale and police inspector Dnyaneshwar Munde have been
found guilty. However, a divisional inquiry against them is
still on. Constable Yuvraj Kamble is also not innocent in this
case," he said.
A police woman recruited at the Kolhapur police training
school alleged that she had been raped and forced to undergo
abortion by Kamble.
Kamble has been suspended and arrested.
The state government had transferred Yadav for lack of
supervision and suspended Parkale and Munde following
complaints about their behaviour.
Patil rubbished reports that 11 policewomen had been
sexually assaulted at the police training school.
"It is not true. Only one trainee lady constable was a
victim," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’