Maha Home Min welcomes SC verdict on Kasab
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil on Wednesday welcomed the Supreme Court`s order upholding the death sentence of Ajmal Kasab in 26/11 Mumbai terror attack saying the state government will ask the Centre to expedite the execution of the sentence.
"We welcome the apex court verdict and will ask the Centre to ensure that it is implemented at the earliest," Patil told reporters here.
State Congress president Manikrao Thakre also welcomed the Supreme Court order. "We expect the next process to be completed and the death sentence should be executed at the earliest," he said.
NCP state president Madhukar Pichad said Supreme Court upholding the High court verdict shows that the investigations were conducted properly.
"The death sentence is the appropriate punishment for the crime committed by Kasab. It was not an ordinary crime but an attack on our country. The punishment should be executed at the earliest," Pichad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'