Maha Home Min welcomes SC verdict on Kasab
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil on Wednesday welcomed the Supreme Court`s order upholding the death sentence of Ajmal Kasab in 26/11 Mumbai terror attack saying the state government will ask the Centre to expedite the execution of the sentence.
"We welcome the apex court verdict and will ask the Centre to ensure that it is implemented at the earliest," Patil told reporters here.
State Congress president Manikrao Thakre also welcomed the Supreme Court order. "We expect the next process to be completed and the death sentence should be executed at the earliest," he said.
NCP state president Madhukar Pichad said Supreme Court upholding the High court verdict shows that the investigations were conducted properly.
"The death sentence is the appropriate punishment for the crime committed by Kasab. It was not an ordinary crime but an attack on our country. The punishment should be executed at the earliest," Pichad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO