Maha jail staff to get pay parity with police dept
Pune: Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil has assured the jail administration staff in the state of parity in pay and facilities with the police department.
Noting that there was a difference between salaries and medical facilities given to the jail administration staff and police personnel, Patil said both the departments were carrying out jobs of equal risk and therefore deserved the same benefits.
He was addressing a function of State Reserve Police (SRP) at Wanowri near here last night.
The Minister appreciated the role played by two women officers - Additional Director General of Prisons Meeran Borwankar and Principal Secretary (Home Department) Medha Gadgil - in smooth handling of the execution of 26/11 terrorist Ajmal Kasab in Yerawada Jail in the city.
Referring to reported threats by some terrorist outfits in Pakistan to avenge Kasab`s execution, Patil warned that anybody daring to attack the soil of Maharashtra would meet the same fate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly