Maha jail staff to get pay parity with police dept
Pune: Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil has assured the jail administration staff in the state of parity in pay and facilities with the police department.
Noting that there was a difference between salaries and medical facilities given to the jail administration staff and police personnel, Patil said both the departments were carrying out jobs of equal risk and therefore deserved the same benefits.
He was addressing a function of State Reserve Police (SRP) at Wanowri near here last night.
The Minister appreciated the role played by two women officers - Additional Director General of Prisons Meeran Borwankar and Principal Secretary (Home Department) Medha Gadgil - in smooth handling of the execution of 26/11 terrorist Ajmal Kasab in Yerawada Jail in the city.
Referring to reported threats by some terrorist outfits in Pakistan to avenge Kasab`s execution, Patil warned that anybody daring to attack the soil of Maharashtra would meet the same fate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February