Maha jail staff to get pay parity with police dept
Pune: Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil has assured the jail administration staff in the state of parity in pay and facilities with the police department.
Noting that there was a difference between salaries and medical facilities given to the jail administration staff and police personnel, Patil said both the departments were carrying out jobs of equal risk and therefore deserved the same benefits.
He was addressing a function of State Reserve Police (SRP) at Wanowri near here last night.
The Minister appreciated the role played by two women officers - Additional Director General of Prisons Meeran Borwankar and Principal Secretary (Home Department) Medha Gadgil - in smooth handling of the execution of 26/11 terrorist Ajmal Kasab in Yerawada Jail in the city.
Referring to reported threats by some terrorist outfits in Pakistan to avenge Kasab`s execution, Patil warned that anybody daring to attack the soil of Maharashtra would meet the same fate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi