Maha jail staff to get pay parity with police dept
Pune: Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil has assured the jail administration staff in the state of parity in pay and facilities with the police department.
Noting that there was a difference between salaries and medical facilities given to the jail administration staff and police personnel, Patil said both the departments were carrying out jobs of equal risk and therefore deserved the same benefits.
He was addressing a function of State Reserve Police (SRP) at Wanowri near here last night.
The Minister appreciated the role played by two women officers - Additional Director General of Prisons Meeran Borwankar and Principal Secretary (Home Department) Medha Gadgil - in smooth handling of the execution of 26/11 terrorist Ajmal Kasab in Yerawada Jail in the city.
Referring to reported threats by some terrorist outfits in Pakistan to avenge Kasab`s execution, Patil warned that anybody daring to attack the soil of Maharashtra would meet the same fate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth