Maha jail staff to get pay parity with police dept
Pune: Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil has assured the jail administration staff in the state of parity in pay and facilities with the police department.
Noting that there was a difference between salaries and medical facilities given to the jail administration staff and police personnel, Patil said both the departments were carrying out jobs of equal risk and therefore deserved the same benefits.
He was addressing a function of State Reserve Police (SRP) at Wanowri near here last night.
The Minister appreciated the role played by two women officers - Additional Director General of Prisons Meeran Borwankar and Principal Secretary (Home Department) Medha Gadgil - in smooth handling of the execution of 26/11 terrorist Ajmal Kasab in Yerawada Jail in the city.
Referring to reported threats by some terrorist outfits in Pakistan to avenge Kasab`s execution, Patil warned that anybody daring to attack the soil of Maharashtra would meet the same fate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan