Maha Jeevan Pradhikaran to be trifurcated soon
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Jeevan Pradhikaran (MJP), constituted to ensure development and regulation of water supply and sewerage services, especially in rural parts of Maharashtra, will soon be trifurcated.
The state government has decided to form three separate companies out of the MJP - Holding company, Erection and Operations and Maintenance.
The intention behind the move is to utilize the services of MJP employees in an effective way, state Water supply and Sanitation Minister Laxman Dhoble said.
According to Dhoble, there are 8,500 employees in the Pradhikaran, out of which, 4000 are unskilled.
"It is becoming increasingly difficult to ensure viability of the Pradhikaran because the services of all the employees cannot be utilized effectively. The current monthly
losses of the Pradhikaran are to the tune of Rs 3 crore," he said.
The trifurcation of the MJP will enable the utilization of the employees in each of the three companies as per their skills, the minister said.
Dhoble said, the proposal to this effect would soon be put before the cabinet for approval.
The Maharashtra Jeevan Pradhikaran (MJP) Act will have to be amended, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video