Maha legislature jubilee event postponed
Mumbai: The platinum jubilee function of
Maharashtra Legislature, scheduled to be held in presence of President Pratibha Patil on July 19, has been postponed following the serial blasts that left 18 people dead and 81 injured.
"The function has been postponed in view of the blasts. The new dates would be announced after the monsoon
session, which begins on July 25," a Vidhan Bhawan official
A key initiative being launched to mark the event is a live telecast of the Question Hour. Two new channels, on the lines of Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha channels of the Parliament,
are also planned, he said.
"Seven channels have expressed readiness for the live telecast of question hour, for which we will provide the live
feed. No channel will be allowed to station the camera inside
the House," the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment