Maha Legislature passes bill to set up Gondwana University
Mumbai: Maharashtra Legislative Assembly
today passed a unanimous resolution to constitute the Gondwana
University, for the area comprising districts of Chandrapur
The resolution was moved by Higher and Technical
Education Minister Rajesh Tope. The new university will be
constituted by issuing notification under sub-section (2) of
section 3 of the Maharashtra Universities Act 1994.
BJP member Sudhir Mungantiwar congratulated government
for its positive approach despite the demand was made by the
Opposition. He asked the government to appoint a qualified
Mungantiwar said there were 342 universities in the
country and steps should be taken to bring the Gondwana
University among the top ten universities in the country.
He asked the government to set up a committee to
generate income for the university. Tope said 165 colleges
affiliated to the Tashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj University at
Nagpur will come under the new university.
He said the government will provide Rs 20 crore under
the tribal sub plan to the university in this financial year.
Additional Rs 5 crore will be given from the
supplementary budget in December and the government will work
to give another Rs 5 crore through the UGC, he said.
The University Bill was also approved in the State
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan