Maha: Man held for killing mother, burying body at home
Thane: A man was arrested for allegedly murdering his 70-year-old mother and then burying her body in the house to destroy evidence in Saphale village of Thane district, police said on Friday.
Somwar Kaliya Vedga (50) had a quarrel two days back with his mother Laxmi over Rs 600, which she used to receive as monthly pension. Vedga allegedly hit her with a sharp weapon following which she died, Saphale police inspector Sampat N Chavan said.
Somwar then dug up a pit in the house and buried his mother`s body there.
As the neighbours did not find the elderly woman around they raised a suspicion following which police was alerted.
Based on the complaint of the deceased`s other son Baban, police dug the spot in the house and the body was exhumed in the presence of the local tehsildar.
The accused has been charged under sections 302 (murder) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence) of the IPC, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest