Maha Mantralaya staff get salary via Aadhar-linked bank a/cs
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government on Wednesday claimed that it had become the first state in the country to disburse salary of its staff through their Aadhaar-linked bank accounts.
All employees of the Information Technology (IT) department got their salary for the month of July through their Aadhaar-linked bank accounts, an official release said.
Rajesh Aggarwal, IT secretary, said the government has now decided to use the Aadhaar Payment Bridge (APB) system for all Mantralaya employees.
Most of the Mantralaya employees have enrolled for the Aadhaar system and are ready for the linkage of their cards to the salary accounts.
This would not just help in speedy transfer of salaries, but will also ensure the transfer to the actual beneficiary at a later stage, an official said.
- Australian state Parliament evacuated over suspicious package
- Stop spending money on festivities; focus on education, healthcare: RSS to temples
- Sensex tanks over 200 points on rout in Japan; Nifty below 7,800-mark
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get higher pay scales than recommended earlier
- AgustaWestland case: Former Air Chief SP Tyagi appears before CBI for questioning